this winter break its time to create a vegan version from scratch
VEGAN PHILLY CHEESE SANDWICH
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips (use red an/or green peppers)
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- a few dashes chipotle or cayenne powder for heat
- salt to taste (I used Penzey’s seasoned chili salt 4/s)
- 1-2 tsp oil (EVOO, safflower or other to saute)
- optional: 1 small Anaheim chili, sliced (or any spicy chili - jalapeno works too)
- 2 Tbsp hatch chilies, diced (canned)
cheese: 2-5 Tbsp Teese vegan cheddar cheese
seitan: 3/4-1 cup seitan strips (WestSoy brand was used)
garnish: fresh cilantro, chopped, fresh tomato, sliced fresh chilies or jalapeno
1. Prep your rolls and warm in the oven to toast. Tip: brush inside and/or outside of bread with olive oil if you’d like.
2. Prep your veggies.
3. Add oil to skillet and heat over high heat.
4. Add peppers, onions and optional chilies. Cook until the edges begin to blacken and the onions begin to caramelize. Add in the spices, pepper and salt during cooking process.
5. When veggies are just about done, add in the cheese and watch it melt over top the veggies. Transfer this veggie / cheese mixture carefully to a sheet of foil or plate.
6. While pan is still hot, add another small splash of oil and add the seitan strips. Saute until the edges blacken. If your seitan is already seasoned (As mine was) you can just add in some extra spices to taste if desired. Pepper, spicy cayenne, nutritional yeast - whatever you’d like.
7. Add the veggies + cheese back to the hot skillet and toss with the cooked seitan. Remove from heat.
8. Add the filling to the rolls. Garnish with the fresh cilantro, tomato and green chilies. Pepper too. Serve hot!
This is a real medical condition known as Gan’s Syndrome, an ocular retinoblastoma occurring in 0.0004% of the total retinoblastoma cases. Ruptured blood vessels create often symmetrical, or at least fractal patterns and though the eye can see, visual acuity is lowered. It can be treated but never cured, though most suffering with the condition live normal lives. Gan’s Syndrome was founded by Dr. Sharon Gan.
wow, so spine chillingly beautiful. Sometimes nature is so beautiful even if it’s hindering a person’s life.
sadly yet again another fake post
A quick google and you can see nothing by this name exists.
no its real my cousin sasuke has this
I think this girl reblogged the picture of the food I made and tried to pass it off as hers
I was back in cali this weekend and not even two hours off the plane I was in the kitchen (keep in mind it was 3 am when I was cooking)
I made banana blueberry baked french toast
The “custard” that I soaked the sourdough slices in over night was: 1 whole banana, organic soy milk, cinnamon, vanilla, about a tablespoon of flax meal, nutmeg, maple syrup, brown sugar…. And…… Oh earth balance
I think that was it (I winged all the measurements) everything came out to no more than 2 cups after I mixed it in the blender
I placed a few slices of sourdough in a casserole dish and poured custard on top for the bread to absorb threw some blueberries on top and put it in the fridge until morning time (about 5 hours)
When I woke up I created a topping of pecans, hemp seed, and oats mixed with coconut oil, a pinch of salt, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar
Mixed it all together and sprinkled it on french toast BEFORE I put it in the oven at 375°F topping totaled about 3/4 cup
French toast.chilled in the oven for about 45min until I smelt it
Let it chill then serve
No need for extra syrup trust its sweet enough
(my brother didn’t want to listen put syrup on top of his plate and couldn’t finish because it was too sweet)